Making Spirits Bright Holiday Graphgan-Free Crochet Pattern
Are you ready to get cozy this holiday season? The Making Spirits Bright graphgan is sure to be your go to project this winter. The free downloadable graph pattern is available below. Or you can purchase an inexpensive Ad-Free PDF with graphs, written instructions and a c2c photo tutorial here.
Three down and only one to go! I’m thrilled to be sharing the third holiday graphgan pattern with you today. If you missed the first two you can find them here. I have loved seeing your excitement over these graphgans and can’t wait to start seeing all your beautiful blankets being made.
I debated over the color combo for this one for a while, but finally settled on a neutral Taupe and White combo. Again I used LionBrand’s Pound of Love because you just can’t beat the cost for how much yarn you get. I used just 3 skeins of Taupe and about 1/2 of a skein of white. There are so many color options to choose from.
If you are new to the corner to corner method you can check out my tutorial about how to corner to corner that I posted at the start of this series. There is also another post dedicated just to changing colors so you know exactly how to create the perfect graphgan.
Below you will find the downloadable graph for the Making Spirits Bright graphgan. If you prefer a written out pattern you can purchase the ad-free PDF in my shop. The PDF includes written instructions, two sizes of graphs and a photo tutorial on basic corner to corner technique.
Making Spirits Bright Holiday Graphgan
Approx. 3,000 yards of Lion Brand Pound of Love in Taupe (3 skeins)
Appox. 800 yards of Lion Brand Pound of Love in White (1 skein)
large clamps for bobbins (optional)
Making Spirits Bright written pattern (optional)
5 tiles X 5 tiles = 4” square in corner to corner stitches.
dc- double crochet
sl st- slip stitch
1. Blanket is worked using the corner to corner method.
2. You will increase or decrease at the beginning of each row.
3. A graph has been provided. Written instructions are available in the ad-free PDF in my shop.
4. The graph is read from the bottom right corner to the top left corner. All even rows are worked right to left and all odd rows are worked left to right.
5. Once you hit the bottom left corner you will decrease on all odd rows and increase on all even rows until you reach the top right corner. From that point on you will decrease at the beginning of every row until the end.
To add a border to your holiday graphgan attach yarn in the color of your choice to the center of one of the sides with the right side of the blanket facing you.
Round 1: Ch 1, sc evenly around entire blanket. Work 3-4 stitches in each tile. Work 3 sc into each corner. Sl st to join.
Repeat round 1 as many times as needed to get desired border.
Fasten off, weave in ends.
Enjoy your new holiday graphgan!