Joy To The World Holiday Graphgan-Free Crochet Pattern
Are you ready to get cozy this holiday season? The Joy To The World holiday graphgan is sure to be your go to project this winter. The free downloadable graph pattern is available below. Or you can purchase an inexpensive Ad-Free PDF with graphs, written instructions and a c2c photo tutorial here.
I’m so excited to be sharing the second Holiday Graphgan pattern with you today! If you haven’t seen the first one you can find it here. One of the best things about the holiday season is all the fun songs! Joy To The World is one of my favorites and I knew it would look so good as a blanket.
One of my testers suggested a navy and white color combo and I jumped at the chance to use it. Again I used LionBrand’s Pound of Love because you just can’t beat the cost for how much yarn you get. I used just over 4 skeins of Navy and the leftover White from my ‘Tis The Season Graphgan. Pound of Love comes in plenty of unique colors so there are numerous color combos to choose from.
If you are new to the corner to corner method you can check out my tutorial about how to corner to corner that I posted last week. There is also another post dedicated just to changing colors so you know exactly how to create the perfect graphgan.
Below you will find the downloadable graph for the Joy To The World graphgan. If you prefer a written out pattern you can purchase the ad-free PDF in my shop. The PDF includes written instructions, two sizes of graphs and a photo tutorial on basic corner to corner technique.
Joy To The World Holiday Graphgan
3,162-3,300 yards of Lion Brand Pound of Love in Navy (4 skeins)
600-800 yards of Lion Brand Pound of Love in White (1 skein)
large clamps for bobbins (optional)
Joy To The World written pattern (optional)
5 tiles X 5 tiles = 4” square in corner to corner stitches.
dc- double crochet
sl st- slip stitch
1. Blanket is worked using the corner to corner method.
2. You will increase or decrease at the beginning of each row.
3. A graph has been provided. Written instructions are available in the ad-free PDF in my shop.
4. The graph is read from the bottom right corner to the top left corner. All even rows are worked right to left and all odd rows are worked left to right.
5. Once you hit the bottom left corner you will decrease on all odd rows and increase on all even rows until you reach the top right corner. From that point on you will decrease at the beginning of every row until the end.
To add a border to your holiday graphgan attach yarn in the color of your choice to the center of one of the sides with the right side of the blanket facing you.
Round 1: Ch 1, sc evenly around entire blanket. Work 3-4 stitches in each tile. Work 3 sc into each corner. Sl st to join.
Repeat round 1 as many times as needed to get desired border.
Fasten off, weave in ends.
Enjoy your new holiday graphgan!